COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Support for Businesses and Employers
Our team of business advisers are available to help your business with the challenges of COVID-19. Access free one-to-one support today.
Support from the London Growth Hub
If you have any queries or concerns about the potential impact COVID-19 may have on your business you can speak to one of our business advisers. To book a one hour telephone appointment click here.
Factsheets and guides
Factsheets and guides brought to you by the London Growth Hub to help your business respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Advice for employers
- A guide to financial business support
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and furloughing employees
- Looking after your mental health
- Mental health and wellbeing resource pack – support for individuals and businesses
- Lease obligations and lease reviews
- How to engage in discussions with your landlord
- Rent reviews
- How to negotiate a rent holiday
Managing your business during COVID-19:
- Frequently asked questions about managing your business during the outbreak
- Working safely during COVID-19
- Managing existing commercial contracts
- Business and continuity planning
- Directors, insolvency and personal liability
Funding for businesses:
- Frequently asked questions about financial support
- Government support for business
- Applying for COVID-19 small business grant schemes in London
Funding for the self-employed:
Checklist to prepare your business
Businesses should take the following steps to reduce their risk of exposure to coronavirus, as well as to prepare for any potential disruption:
☐ Assess your business’ level of exposure to disruption due to coronavirus.
☐ Identify business-critical activities and the resources you need to deliver them.
☐ Identify the relevant policies, procedures and documents your business will need.
☐ Assess the potential impact of coronavirus on your supply chain.
☐ Stay up to date with the latest developments and best practice covering coronavirus.
☐ Make sure emergency contact details for employees are correct and up to date.
☐ Keep all employees up to date with the steps you are taking to minimise risks of exposure in the workplace.
☐ Encourage employees to let you know as soon as possible if they will not be able to come into work due to coronavirus.
☐ Encourage workers to wash their hands regularly and provide clean washing facilities.
☐ Make sure you and your employees know how to spot coronavirus symptoms.
☐ Plan for potential staff absences and develop flexible working options where appropriate.
☐ Review your business’ travel plans, particularly to affected areas and countries.
☐ Make sure you understand any obligations you may have as an employer, such as the rules covering sick pay.
To download a copy of the checklist, please click here.
Free fundraising through ‘Pay It Forward London’
We are offering free fundraising to help businesses to secure trade by pre-selling vouchers, goods and services. Find out more at www.growthhub.london/pay-it-forward.
Shared Workspace Support Programme
The London Growth Hub will launch on 27 May the Workspace Business Rates project that will provide free online support to workspaces providers and their tenants on:
- Access Business Rate Relief and other relief schemes
- Have guidance on how to handle future rent negotiations with your landlord(s)
- Have help on how to handle talks with your local authority
- Support your tenant with grant applications
- Network with other workspace providers.
Through webinars and 1:1 advice sessions, this is a fantastic opportunity for workspace providers and tenants to access professional advice and support, to help them through these challenging times. There will also be the opportunity for virtual networking and potentially making contact with local authorities, to discuss the current situation and how they can work together, to simplify the process of applying for business rate relief.
For more information on how to access the project, click here.
Further advice and support
The following pages provide advice and information to help businesses and the self-employed navigate the coronavirus pandemic:
London Growth Hub webinars
The London Growth Hub is running numerous webinars to support businesses during COVID-19.
Navigating the Crisis
The London Growth Hub is partnering with Funding London to deliver a series of webinars to support businesses to navigate the coronavirus crisis. Upcoming events include:
COVID-19 Business Help Series
The London Growth Hub has launched the COVID-19 Business Help Series, bringing you highly informative free webinars delivered by expert speakers. The webinars have been carefully designed to guide London’s small businesses across various problem areas, as they navigate the challenges of COVID-19. Upcoming webinars:
- Adapting Communications to Retain Customers (26 May 2020, 10am – 1pm)
- Moving Your Business Into the Virtual World (3 June 2020, 10am – 1pm)
- Tactics for Successful Stakeholder Negotiation (9 June 2020, 10am – 1pm)
To find out more, go to www.growthhub.london/get-support/covid19-business-help-series/.
Webinars for micro-businesses and SMEs from London Growth Hub, LEAP and partners
The London Growth Hub is working with partners to deliver a programme of webinars to support businesses during COVID-19. For information about upcoming webinars, go to www.growthhub.london/covid19-partner-webinars/.
Hot Topic: Cybersecurity and working safely during COVID-19
Every week, the London Growth Hub will be providing advice and information to help businesses and the self-employed work safely during COVID-19.
This week, we will be exploring how London-based businesses can build their cyber resilience and stay safe online.
Please complete our short survey via the link below to help us, and our partners, understand your needs in order to develop business support activities to support your business.