Impacting Business by Design is a design innovation support programme that aims to accelerate and de-risk the innovation activities of start-ups, scale-ups, and SMEs by helping them harness the potential of design to increase product innovation success. Businesses seeking support will be able to work directly with professional design and development teams based within each of the three partner universities delivering this Research England funded programme: Brunel University London, De Montfort and Nottingham Trent Universities.
Access to professional design expertise
Design support is provided across the entire development cycle including:
- Product design brief development
- Customer and user-needs research to identify key requirements
- Generation and testing of product concepts
- Product design engineering
- User experience and user interface design
- Design for Manufacture
- Where needed we can help with sourcing manufacturing contractors.
Access to specialised academic expertise
As well as product design expertise, participants would be helped to access support drawn from each partner university’s academic communities. This expertise covers a variety of subjects such as advanced manufacturing, materials science, engineering, electronics, med-tech, clean technology and artificial intelligence, cyber security and many others.