The MedTech London programme supports the growth of London’s medical device, diagnostics and digital health sector.
MedTech London is a collaboration between the Greater London Authority (GLA), the South East Health Technologies Alliance (SEHTA) and MedCity. Funded primarily by the GLA, MedTech London was established to enable greater collaboration across the sector to spur innovation and bring new MedTech products and services to market.
Support available includes:
- Networking opportunities, such as the annual MedTech London conference at City Hall.
- Support accessing markets:
- Innovation Surgeries on how to access the NHS and how to build a business.
- The MedTech Connect: SME to multinational innovation programme which links SMEs up with corporate partners around key challenge areas.
- The MedTech Connect: SME to universities programme will launch soon to support university-SME collaborations in MedTech
- The MedTech Connect: SME to London Boroughs programme will launch soon to support collaboration between local authorities and SMEs on health and social care challenges.
- Export events where attendees hear about opportunities to export MedTech services and products internationally and find out how to access public sector support for export.
- The Mayor of London MedTech Business Awards which recognise innovative health technology companies across the capital. Awards are offered in five categories – Innovation, Start Up, Export Achievement, Partnership with the NHS, and Outstanding Achievement.
- The annual MedTech London Review and Directory which reviews current trends across the sector and acts as a database of firms in London to showcase the sector. This is a live directory that will be continually updated.
- Training such as cost-benefit analysis workshops.
For more information please contact Dr David Parry, Chief Executive of SEHTA. Contact details can be found here.