16 June 2020 – Navigating The Crisis: Venture Debt For Growing SMEs
The final is our Navigating the Crisis series, this session covers the main advantages of using venture debt as a compliment to traditional equity capital. You will learn more about:
- the lending process
- options available for early-stage businesses affected by COVID
- the impact on future valuations and pricing for subsequent round
- when should a company look at venture debt as a viable option
- risks to the borrower associated with this type of funding
3 June 2020 – Navigating The Crisis: Overcoming The Fundraising Challenges
As a founder, the last thing you want during times of uncertainty is running out of runway. One of the major issues startups face under the current circumstances is the lack of a much needed injection of external capital to ensure survival. This session covered types of funding options available, valuation implications in the current climate, tips on pitching remotely and discover which investors are actually fundraising and how you can tell. This forms part of the Navigating the Crisis series of webinars brought to you by the London Growth Hub in partnership with Funding London.
3 June 2020 – COVID-19 Business Help Series: Moving Your Business into the Virtual World
The third in the London Growth Hub’s five-part COVID-19 Business Help Series, this webinar focuses on moving your business to the virtual world. Find out about:
- Tools needed to transition and manage your business online
- How to build or revamp your website
- Choosing the right digital platforms to match your customers’ buying habits
- Creating an effective action plan and implementation strategy
28 May 2020 – Insurance and COVID-19 webinar – with the Federation of Small Businesses
- Covid-19 and Business Interruption Insurance
- Business Continuity and how to plan for it
- Insurance issues around changing Business Models working from home, temporary closures, working away from your premises
- Getting back from Lockdown
26 May 2020 – COVID-19 Business Help Series: Adapting Communications to Retain Customers
- Understanding the shifts and changes happening in the market
- How your communication and tone need to adapt
- Designing an action plan to help better interact with your audience
- Tools and tactics to help reach your audience
- Building brand loyalty
20 May 2020 – Navigating The Crisis: Adapting Your Financial Strategy
Discover what financial measures you will need to take to ensure continuity of business. The session focused on providing insights into financial forecasting assessment in light of the current crisis, strategies for optimising your cash management and multiple scenarios generation that will help you get your business through. This forms part of the Navigating the Crisis series of webinars brought to you by the London Growth Hub in partnership with Funding London.
20 May 2020 – COVID-19 Business Help Series: Gateway to Finance Loans, Grants, Cash Flow & Tax Relief
London Growth Hub has kicked off its five-part COVID-19 Business Help Series, with a webinar on accessing finance, loans, grants, cash flow and tax relief. Find out about:
- The emergency support packages available to UK businesses
- How to select the right finance option for your business
- Submitting your application and what to prepare to aid a faster response
- Eligibility criteria, what funders are looking for and how to match your approach
- Expert guidance to help manage cash flow disruptions
6 May 2020 – Navigating The Crisis: Fundraising During A Global Crisis
An insightful discussion with three key investors in the early stage ecosystem. Discover if the pandemic has affected their investment activity, how do they continue to meet new businesses and their view on the impact the crisis will have on the early stage market. This forms part of the Navigating the Crisis series of webinars brought to you by the London Growth Hub in partnership with Funding London.
29 April 2020 – Navigating The Crisis: Prospering In A Pandemic – Panel With Three Successful Business Leaders
As the effects of the COVID19 pandemic continue to reverberate, The London Growth Hub, Funding London, and Business Leader teamed up to deliver a panel discussion event looking at how businesses can prosper throughout a pandemic. Ex Sage CEO Stephen Kelly, Chairman of Sirius Sukhendu Pal and Steve Garnett who was Chairman EMEA of Salesforce – and listed as one of the 50 most influential Britons by the Daily Telegraph – were on the panel. This forms part of the Navigating the Crisis series of webinars brought to you by the London Growth Hub in partnership with Funding London.
22 April 2020 – Navigating The Crisis: Updates To The Employment Law Under Covid-19
In this webinar, you will discover the latest updates on the job retention scheme, furloughing and redundancies. The webinar also explored approaches other employers adopt to ease the cash flow pressure, including pay cuts, reducing hours, health and safety issues, and changes in relation to employee data privacy. This forms part of the Navigating the Crisis series of webinars brought to you by the London Growth Hub in partnership with Funding London.
14 April 2020 – Capital Enterprise Workspace Supporting Webinar
This webinar explores the following key questions, in the face of the current COVID-19 crisis:
1. What can be done to enable open workspaces and the businesses they house to access the vital Government Support they need to survive?
2. How can (open) workspace providers support the communities they normally house virtually?
3. How can other stakeholders help (Local Authorities, Capital Enterprise, The Mayor’s Workspace Advisory Group etc)?
8 April 2020 – Navigating The Crisis: Building Business Resilience
Delivered by Dom Hallas, Executive Director at The Coalition for a Digital Economy (Coadec) this webinar focused on the latest grants and loans companies can access, R&D tax credits, deferral of VAT payments and job retention scheme. This forms part of the Navigating the Crisis series of webinars brought to you by the London Growth Hub in partnership with Funding London.
7 April 2020 – Business Rates for Local Authorities
The London Growth Hub recently hosted a webinar on the current interpretation of business rates in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, for local authorities in London. In this video, you will hear from representatives at the GLA, London Councils, CIPFA and Westminster City Council on how recent announcements have changed the nature of business rates. Listen to the full discussion below.
25 March 2020 – Finance Advice to Businesses During the COVID-19 Crisis
On Wednesday 25 March While Label hosted the second Croydon Business Webinar, which focused on financial support, as they invite chartered accountants, banks and business recovery specialists to give their insight, share advice and take your questions, live. Focusing on the financial support available to SMEs announced by Government in light of the Coronavirus pandemic, what it means for you and, most importantly, how you can access it and ease the financial pressures during this uncertain period.